A Humble Prayer to all our political leaders from a poor villager
Rhanlamo Lapon *
An election campaign in Manipur's Hill districts in January 21, 2012
Dear candidates, please remember that during the coming election, The moment you take out your money from your pocket to buy our villagers votes think that you are buying the votes with public money why it's because once you are elected you will be recovering those money with huge interest by means of siphoning up all the development funds which are meant to be our public money logically. So better avoid it or I will say that you are sucking our bloods which are already dried up and in the stage of extinction.
You respect me during the election campaign when you come to my village but I respect you for 5yrs till the next election. But if you don't Love me then God will punish you because I am your brother though you may not accept me, so refrain from money power.
This is my humble request to all the candidates that please don't buy votes during the coming election.
Here is my point how to stop using money power.if all the candidates stopped giving money to the voters, then all the voters will be compelled to caste their valuable votes for free in this way, we can go for a fair election which will lead us to a new state without corruption. Once we wiped out the corruption then automatically development will take place by itself.
If I ask you to buy my vote, then please advise me that it is illegal as am not educated like you but you are highly educated so the blame goes to you and even if you buy my vote with Rs.10,000 I will be happy till I spend it all and again I will be complaining against you, so instead of distributing your black money during election better developed our village Sir!. I will listen to you as I respect you but you won't.
Points to be remembered by our respected corrupted politicians:
Every night before you say you're rich prayer and go to sleep please remember the below points.
1) Every night when you go to sleep with local chicken, pork, deer etc. stuffed in your huge stomach without any problem in your Harvard & London School of economic university brain, only planning how to make money for the next day.
But remember me, that I am going to sleep with half empty stomach praying to God that bless me to have a 2 square meals with my children for the next day, forget about chicken, mutton etc.
2) Whenever you go home from work sitting on an imported sofa chair with espresso coffee in your right hand and a bottle of Tequila whisky on your table, complaining to your wife that you are really tired.
But remember me that I went to field early morning covering a distance of 3km with only a bamboo cup of black tea and came back with a huge load of firewood on my back after sunset, but I smile at my wife and say the same prayer and sleep off cursing the mosquitoes to leave me alone.
3) In summer you are sleeping in an A/C with UPS (uninterrupted power supply) with snoring like a devil, But I sleep, with my wife trying to make me cool with a hard paper in her hand changing every 2mts from right hand to left hand & Vice-versa.
4) In winter you sleep in a ultra soft blanket on a teakwood bed, but I sleep on the floor with sacks as the mattress and a second hand bed sheet as my quilt, Sir Its Cold but am immune to coldness, due to your blessing.
5) During scarcity of water mostly in winter, for you the water comes up from the stream 3000ft below but me I have to wake up early morning and walk down 3000ft below and return back with extra 20litres of water on my back.
6) Before Christmas you go on hunting with German made rifle on a Ferrari car just for fun, but I go riding in a bicycle with a muscle loading gun with my wife at the back carrier and to try my luck if I get a deer to buy clothes for my children's.
7)During Christmas season you go with your families to a super market Mall in a metropolitan city travelling on a flight, But for my family we do shopping on a footpath where second hand clothes bargaining with a smile as Christmas is coming near and I take my poor family only once in a year to buy clothes.
I have many more to write but I know that if I continue the By tomorrow morning I will have a visitor standing with an AK rifle on my door waiting for me to be escorted me to your home for lunch, but I know what is inside you so I won't.
I Cried! AMEN.
Merry Christmas and A very Happy New year to all the corrupted Politicians & Leaders.
From a poor villager who prays for the politicians to become a true Christian.
A Poor Villager From A Tiny Village.
* Rhanlamo Lapon wrote this article to e-pao.net
The writer can be contacted at rhanlamo_lotha(at)yahoo(dot)com
This article was webcasted on November 15 2012.
* Comments posted by users in this discussion thread and other parts of this site are opinions of the individuals posting them (whose user ID is displayed alongside) and not the views of e-pao.net. We strongly recommend that users exercise responsibility, sensitivity and caution over language while writing your opinions which will be seen and read by other users. Please read a complete Guideline on using comments on this website.