Training on security for N.E. citizens by Delhi Police
New Delhi, Mar 7:
1. In an endeavour to re-assure N.E. students & employees working in Delhi by Delhi Police, training on security for N.E. citizens by Delhi Police was conducted at Delhi Police Training College on 07/03/2013. All the 37 selected representatives from 08 N.E. States & States Bhawans with their student’s leaders and NGOs from N.E. participated during the training. Initiatives for the safety and security of N.E. folks are –
o Separate Standing Order Procedure based on Zero tolerance policy for the safety and security of N.E. students and others residing in Delhi.
o Appointment of Joint CP/IGP level officer as a Chief Coordinator for security of N.E. citizens in Delhi.
o 07 Nodal Officers (i) Addl.CP/South East District, (ii) DCP/South, (iii) Addl.CP/South West, (iv) Addl.CP/West, (v) DCP/North, (vi) DCP/North West & (vii) DCP/East District, Delhi/New Delhi.
o 37 student representatives from 08 North Eastern States.
o Regular training on sensitization for the security of N.E. students and others.
o Regular meetings with SHOs and DCsP of N.E. concentrated areas where N.E. students and others are living.
o Fast tracking of rape cases on the request of Delhi Police.
o Directions under 144 Cr.P.C. to BPOs/Call Centres to drop the female employees at their homes.
o Dedicated phone lines for anti stocking 1096, anti-option call 1091, PCR 100.
o Guest lectures from N.E. on police public cooperation.
o PCR to drop the stranded women to their homes after sun set.
o Lady police help desk at all police stations.
o Plain clothes police at Buses and Metros.
o Lady police at crime prone areas.
o Training of women constables as commando for beat constables.
o 155 emergency response vehicles ERV patrol for assistance in crime prone areas.
o Special training to the beat staff of North and south districts where maximum N.E. citizens are residing.
o Roping in N.E. 08 States Bhawans for recruitment, security awareness and partnership with Delhi Police.
o Website hosted under the name of Delhi Police for North East (dpne.com) for suggestions and grievances.
o Legal aid from DLSA/Public Prosecutors, PTC for N.E. citizens in distress.
o Honouring the NGOs and individuals who assisted the NE citizens during the distress crisis hours.
o To work in partnership with student leaders, N.E. media for safety of N.E. citizens with Delhi Police.
o Training exposure of NE police officers with the Delhi Police.
o Analysis of the crimes against N.E. citizens at Delhi, follow up thereof.
o Mapping of the area where N.E. citizens are concentrated thereby deploying N.E. constables as Beat Constables, increasing patrolling by PCR vehicles.
o Monthly meeting with Joint Commissioner of Police/Chief Coordinator with the representatives of the 08 N.E. states.
2. During the training following topics were taught, discussed and shared:-
o Initiatives taken by Delhi Police for North East citizens.
o Know your Delhi.
o The structure of Delhi Police.
o Steps to be taken during the distress/emergency hour.
o Experience sharing with the NGOs.
3. Four student leaders - Mr. Raskan Ngachonmi Jonah, Chairman Action Committee, Naga Students Union, Delhi, (ii) Mr. Jotam Toko Tagam, Joint Secy., Delhi AAPSU, (iii) Mr. Huten Alexander, Genl. Secy. NSUD, (iv) Mr. Abhijit Sharmah, Genl. Secy. All Assam Students Association, New Delhi and NETV Chief Correspondent Mr. Luit Don were honoured by Delhi Police for their contribution during the exodus crisis in the month of October and for taking up the issues related to NE citizens and employees with concerned authority in the year 2012. Mr. Raskan Ngachonmi Jonah, Chairman Action Committee, Naga Students Union, Delhi, (ii) Mr. Jotam Toko Tagam, Joint Secy., Delhi AAPSU, (iii) Mr. Huten Alexander, Genl. Secy. NSUD, (iv) Mr. Abhijit Sharmah, Genl. Secy. All Assam Students Association, New Delhi were given a Commendation Certificate and Delhi Police Memento by Shri Robin Hibu, Joint Commissioner of Police (Training) and Chief Coordinator for North East Student & Employees residing in Delhi. Mr. Alena Golmai, Mr. Luit Don and Mr. Manish Shukla were speakers who shared their ideas for the improvement of security for N.E. citizens living in Delhi.
4. Representatives of 08 NE States are as follows. Any distressed citizens, students, employees or tourists from any other N.E. States may contact their respective states representatives in case of any problem in Delhi.
i) Mr. Lawrence Monsang,
ii) Mr. R.K. Sanayaima Singh,
iii) Mr. J.Maivi,
iv) Mr. L. Boveio Poukai,
i) Mr. Lokesh Chakma, E-Mail ID firstname.lastname@example.org
ii) Mr. Binny Chakma, E-Mail ID email@example.com
i) Mr. Bochi Taipodia
ii) Mr. Taba Doni, E-Mail ID firstname.lastname@example.org
iii) Mr. Jotam Toko Tagam, E-Mail ID email@example.com
iv) Mr. Bullu Kano, E-Mail ID firstname.lastname@example.org
v) Mr. Adam Tatak, E-Mail ID Adamtatak@gmail.com
i) Mr.Chiranjeeb Daulaguphu, E-Mail ID email@example.com
ii) Mr. Anugrah Basumata, E-Mail ID firstname.lastname@example.org
iii) Mr. Saranjay Brahma, E-Mail ID email@example.com
iv) Mr. Mitiul Vikas Medhi, E-Mail ID firstname.lastname@example.org
v) Mr. Abhijit Sharmah, E-Mail ID email@example.com
vi) Mr. Raskan Ngachonmi Jonah,
vii) Mr. Huten Alexander E-Mail ID firstname.lastname@example.org
i) Mr. Chakrak G Momin, E-Mail ID email@example.com
ii) Mr. Fleming Ch Mark, E-Mail ID firstname.lastname@example.org
iii) Mr. Ravizear K. Marak, E-Mail ID email@example.com
iv) Mr. Navang Ch Sangma, E-Mail ID firstname.lastname@example.org
i) Mr. Yaunld Kemp, E-Mail ID email@example.com
ii) Mr. Lhusisato Iralu, E-Mail ID firstname.lastname@example.org
i) Mr.Rigjeong Jamyang Wangyal, (Sikkim) E-Mail ID email@example.com
ii) Mr. Sernya Bhutia, (Sikkim) E-Mail ID Sernya.firstname.lastname@example.org
iii) Ms. Karma Tsingzum Kaleon, E-Mail ID Kaleon07@yahoo.com
i) Mr. Swapan Debbarma, E-Mail ID email@example.com
ii) Ms. Tiffini Kalai, E-Mail ID firstname.lastname@example.org
iii) Mr. Aichuk Tripura, E-Mail ID email@example.com
iv) Ms. Mina Halam, E-Mail ID firstname.lastname@example.org
v) Mr. Ezekiel Debbarma, E-Mail ID email@example.com
5. Following Public Prosecutors from Delhi Police Training College have volunteered to give legal advice during crisis for N.E. citizens in Delhi: -
i) Shri Jitender Arya, Chief Prosecutor,
ii) Shri G.V. Rao, Sr.
iii) Shri K.K. Tiwari, Sr.
iv) Shri B.S. Dagar, Sr.
v) Shri George M.X. Sr.
vi) Shri Shyam Mohan Jaiswal,
vii) Shri Gyanendra Kumar Mishra,
(Robin Hibu) IPS
Joint CP (Training)/Chief Coordinator of
North East Students, Employees & Others residing in Delhi., E-mail id – robinhibu(at)gmail(dot)com
See a full photo gallery here
* This announcement was sent by Robin Hibu Joint CP (Training)/Chief Coordinator of North East Students, Employees & Others residing in Delhi., who can be contacted at robinhibu(at)gmail(dot)com
This Press Release was posted on March 07, 2013
* Comments posted by users in this discussion thread and other parts of this site are opinions of the individuals posting them (whose user ID is displayed alongside) and not the views of e-pao.net. We strongly recommend that users exercise responsibility, sensitivity and caution over language while writing your opinions which will be seen and read by other users. Please read a complete Guideline on using comments on this website.