Consultative meet on preparation of livelihood policy for Tamenglong district
March 10 2013
Minutes of the one day consultative meet on preparation of livelihood policy for Tamenglong district.
Organized by sustainable livelihood forum (SLF-M), Tamenglong, facilitated by People’s Endeavour for Social Change (PESCH), Tamenglong.
Total no. of participants: 36 persons.
The category of participants is govt. officials, farmers, social workers, NGOs, church leaders and SHGs.
The purpose of the meet is to prepare strategic policies to ensure and achieve food security and sustainable development in the Tamenglong district, Manipur.
Mrs. Asongdin Kamei IWCF as moderator in the consultation. Mr. Namkhinlung Pamei IGSSS PEARL Project coordinator, PESCH gave an introductory note to the meeting participants. Mr.Dimgong Rongmei Director, PESCH gave a key note address to the participants.Mr. Gongeng Asst. Director FCS department, Tamenglong and Mr. T.Panmei EO (Agri) Tamenglong were resource persons of the meet.
The following policies/resolutions were passed unanimously by the meeting attendance for the good of the district particularly in favour of the poor farmers of the communities.
1. Road connection in potential areas like Barak, Makru, Irang, Jiri Khoupum rivers areas and low lying potentials areas.
2. Knowledge and skills training on potentials areas ensuring remote village benefit like workshop, seminars or consult meet and exposure trip for farmers.
3. Crops insurance and risk disaster support for farmers
4. Promoting livestock in the region as alternative means to agriculture.
5. Implement Equipments like sprayers, others equipments as per the need of the farmers
6. Good rapport and communication between govt. concerned depths, NGOs and farmers.
7. Prioritized production like identified of crops feasible
8. Area wise training of farmers on food processing
9. Demand for food processing unit for the district.
10. Demand for Zeliangrong market space at Imphal,(mantripukhri), Jiribam (Lamlong area).
11. Government must lift PDS items and drop at PDCs. Revisions all PDS cards like APL, BPL and AAY
12. Negotiate the quantity of the item supplied and actual realistic budget quota must be lifted.
13. Cardholders and public leaders shall make written complaint with receipt in regard of PDS.
14. Pressuring the Govt. for include of our local products as PDS items and procure available produce from Tamenglong and convert it as PDS items.
15. Further awareness on PDS, enquiring and facts finding. No compromise on the rate, quantity and quality.
16. Setting up of local level committee or vigilance group for supervises PDS flow in the district.
IGSSS PEARL Project coordinator,
* This info was sent by Kadi Pameih who can be contacted at kdpamson(at)yahoo(dot)in
This Press Release was posted on March 10, 2013.
* Comments posted by users in this discussion thread and other parts of this site are opinions of the individuals posting them (whose user ID is displayed alongside) and not the views of e-pao.net. We strongly recommend that users exercise responsibility, sensitivity and caution over language while writing your opinions which will be seen and read by other users. Please read a complete Guideline on using comments on this website.