Tiny Tots' Unique School - Formation of Alumni Group
1st March 2012, Imphal
Tiny Tots' Unique School - batch of 1990
A group of like minded ex-students of Tiny Tots' Unique School, Imphal have come together and formed an alumni group We started with a small group of 80 members in Facebook and now we have a total of 308 members. After several deliberations within the group during the past four months, we have come to a conclusion to launch a formal Alumni Group. This Alumni Group has the blessings of our beloved Principal Sir Daniel Byrne and Madam.
Our members currently are from different batches and physically spread far and wide across the major Indian cities including Imphal. The international team consists of alumni members from Japan, Sweden, UK and USA. Many members are working in private institutions in the field of IT, ITES (BPO), Media & Journalism, Airlines, Retail, etc. There are several members who are in the government sector and some members are well established entrepreneurs. We do not plan to have any elected members of the group. We will work through focal points and chapters across cities.
We have agreed that our Alumni will be referred to in three different ways viz. Tiny Totians, Tiny Tots Alumni, TTUS Alumni. Subsequently, we plan to brand our group with a logo which is currently being prepared by one of the alumni members.
Starting this year, following are the planned activities of this group:
- Create a platform for interaction between alumni & current students/juniors who are still pursuing education
- Fund drive from the alumni who are currently working professionals to support needy students
- Open a library at the school (library space has already been approved by our Principal)
- Organize essay competitions, seminars and other extracurricular activities so that learnings by this group can be shared with the juniors
- Alumni visits to the school - 2 hrs vacation time of alumni who wants to share their experiences with the juniors
- Support any career related queries from juniors, in fact create career counseling sessions forums for juniors
- Alumni Newsletter (frequency to be decided)
- Also an alumni meet every two years
- Sir Daniel has 100% support on our group and agreed to go ahead with the press release and subsequently launch our website.
- He has also agreed to open a bank account in the name of the alumni under the school authority. This account will be managed by one of the alumni members based out of Imphal along with one of the school authorities.
- Fund drive is completely voluntary and we have not set up any fixed amount. Funds will be collected twice a year - once in January and another in July. Sir Daniel has endorsed the plan.
- He has also confirmed the library space. Our first set of funds will get into buying various books for the students.
- Sir Daniel was very excited to hear that we now have more than 300 members and all of us are joining hands to give back to the society.
Please contact us via e-mail at alumni(at)ttus(dot)org Or if you have a Facebook Account, we request you to join the group. The name of the Facebook group is TINY TOTS' UNIQUE SCHOOL.
Tiny Tots Alumni Team
Manipur 795 001
* This Press Release was sent by Tiny Tots Alumni Team who can be contacted at alumni(at)ttus(dot)org
This announcement was posted on March 01, 2012.
* Comments posted by users in this discussion thread and other parts of this site are opinions of the individuals posting them (whose user ID is displayed alongside) and not the views of e-pao.net. We strongly recommend that users exercise responsibility, sensitivity and caution over language while writing your opinions which will be seen and read by other users. Please read a complete Guideline on using comments on this website.