Speak Manish for a better tomorrow
Dinesh Hijam & co. *
A new language is being evolved during the last few years in Manipur and it is known as the Manish (Manipuri + English = Manish). Following is the few tips to speak the newly evolve language:
CIDical = a hypocrite or a double standard person/double spy type of character or an informer
Chingnanical = suspicious
Brazes = unexplainable condition or situation. Un soluble problem or issue.
Jing jakap = Anything that could be like joker
Examples of few complex sentences frequently heard in Manipur and way of telling a story in Manish –
1) One day nongma eina walk chatlingeida suddenly ekhang-khanghoudana a dog amana bark tousallapei wani eina sat laona jump touthoklaga kick ama thajanbei wani.
2) Suppose baap poaba we eikhoina something karigumba khara tourena khallase aba but touigumbamasung if badi ko, we eikhoi kamai toudoina ba.
3) Eikhoigi side tagi haijari .. hai tare..economically yamna poor oiraba …
4) Eikhoi dad su mom su leite only uncle dang leihouii…
A very important person in public delivered his speech in Manish –
....Eikhoi punjanba tai we must unite.... Current problem hujikki problem ashi solve touge hairadi Unity punjinba haibasina only way amata ngairab lambini so aduna eikhoi punba tai...something ....highly philosophical .....
Few days back I watched a show in local tv channel----
..episode ashina just a beginning ahouba oiraga .... Eyambana manipurgi nature gi beauty bu seitharaga shakhiba eshei amatang present toubiramu .... So the viewer .... now we have eikhoigi mangda lengshinduna leire... pliz welcome ... give a big hand... mayam ahouba khubak amatang...
From top to bottom from politician to celebrities, common-man, students, literate or illiterate you will find Manish very popular especially among the highly educated rich people, socialites even among the university professors and college going students of Manipur. You too will enjoy speaking Manish.
Please help the company in its effort to popularize Manish and to reach its perfection.
* Dinesh Hijam & co. wrote this article for e-pao.net
The writer can be contacted at dineshhijam(at)rediffmail(dot)com
This article was posted on January 05, 2012.
* Comments posted by users in this discussion thread and other parts of this site are opinions of the individuals posting them (whose user ID is displayed alongside) and not the views of e-pao.net. We strongly recommend that users exercise responsibility, sensitivity and caution over language while writing your opinions which will be seen and read by other users. Please read a complete Guideline on using comments on this website.