Happy.... Doomy New Year 2012!!!
Dr. Ksh. Imokanta Singh *
Good Morning Dear! Can you see me?! Foggy morning; chilly morning; snow flakes on the young straws of the vast empty fields of Wakching; Boat man clanking on the side of the boat with his oar; the faint sound traversing through the air above the icy water from the distant corner of Loktak Lake; Pink Sun of the brand new day gazing through the foggy morning like the shy youthful bride; love lorn Romeos and Juliets with cells, stuck on their ears, continuing the disrupted talks of the last night’s jammed networks .... Gone is the dark night of the old year; gone is the jammed networks. Smoky smile of the new day is glued to welcome you. Just say ‘Hi’ even if you do not want to welcome her (him or her ... forget it, new year should be beautiful and feminine gender suits much better).
- By the way, when is your year of retirement?
- What does it matter? What is in a year? That which we call the retirement year. By any other year would that be 2012.
- Why?! Ohoo.. 21st December, 2012, Doomsday! Yes, I have also heard of it and have done a brief research on it. They say, according to eschatological beliefs, world will come to an end on 21st December, 2012, since it is the last date of a 5124 year long cycle in the ‘Mesoamerican Long Court Calender’. (whatever it means!) And, I remember there is also a Hollywood movie called ‘2012’ on the same apocalyptic theme, released in 2009, directed by Roland Emmerich, starred by John Cusack et al. with a whooping budget of $ 200 million. Some doomed minds must be really worshipping this movie and the idea, since it suits their mental wavelenghts. Rationalists have already rejected it as pure non-sense and left it to some ill-gotten minds to play hide and seek with their lives, as they are the ones who desparately want to live. These believers might say that irrationality has lion’s share in our lives. Whatever, it is better to agree to disagree on this topic. Hey, moreover, it is mentioned in some foreign books and foreign beliefs. Why you are so gloomy? It does not touch our beloved motherland Manipur. In fact our sacred Puyas do not say anything about this. If they say so, our modern maichous will definitely let us know through newspapers, ISTV etc. So, CHILLAX Dude.
- But still....
- Just think of it. We have been having indefinite 'doomsdays', if you like the word, in the guise of bandhs, blockades, killings etc. Many cursed them but never dared to
come out and protest or call bandhs against the bandhs. This is our indigenious trait, indifference and complacence. So, there is no doomsdays here in Manipur, only 'Boom' days. Bandhs are blessings in disguise to take rest, have parties, learn driving and fast driving too. So, 21st December, 2012 is their Doomsday, not ours.
- But still....
- But still... but still... Anyway, Forget it. Let's celebrate the new day with music, food and yes with booze, no.. no.. it should be AMADA (they will be offended if we do not address it properly. By the way, where have they gone now.?) at least to give sheen to your dwindling thoughts and steel to your weary nerves and mind. You must be really tired of counting your days. Hey, why do you so much fancy about immortality? Immortality is like Doomsday as far as impossibility is concerned. We need to live before we die. So take care of your mortal being. And have this hot leg piece with a Sekmai peg ... clean. 'Cheers' 'Cheers to life' 'Cheers to Doomsday' 'Cheers to living' and “Cheers to this brand new day'.
- ... Dude, it seems to work.
- Good, want more? See, when our days are done on this earth, we are never to be asked to defer, like deferred Cricket match Live. So why worry? If our days fall before what you call Doomsday, they will be our doomsdays. In fact, there is one advantage of going up before Doomsday. People will at least remember you, talk and write about you, look at your gloomy photos. So, you 'live' after your death. But in case of Doomsday nothing will remain, no history, mythology, politics, science, geography and most of all God, since they are all man's inventions and discoveries, till a new age germinates from amino acids with its own history on genesis.
- That makes sense.
- Yes, it will. Let's not expend our precious minds, playing ruse with time and life and death. Hey.. your glass is empty. Should I?
- No, no, it's enough to drag me out of Doomsday.
- Excellent. Let's celebrate the joy and enjoy the celebration. There is no good or bad time. Time exists in our mind, let us hope this year becomes better, even if we know that it will turn out quite the contrary. Let us take 'New Year Resolutions' so that we can break them as the year progresses, for us to be able to take new resolutions next year. OK. CHEERS.
- Cheers ....... (tring tring.....)
- Family calling! Ok Guys, bye
Hoom.... la ... la... – kana kana lei Open Challenge (who else is there? open challenge.)
- Hey.... who is there? Want this big kin (blow)?
- Sorry, sorry – I just said, 'Please drop me till my home...'
HIC HIC HURRAY
* Dr. Ksh. Imokanta Singh, MFS, Treasury Officer, Bishnupur a regular contrubutor to e-pao.ney wrote this article for e-pao.net
The writer can be contacted at gul_pi[AT]yahoo[DOT]com
This article was posted on January 19, 2012.
* Comments posted by users in this discussion thread and other parts of this site are opinions of the individuals posting them (whose user ID is displayed alongside) and not the views of e-pao.net. We strongly recommend that users exercise responsibility, sensitivity and caution over language while writing your opinions which will be seen and read by other users. Please read a complete Guideline on using comments on this website.