Actual Leave Letters
These are collection of TRUE leave letters and applications written by people in various places of
Pak n India.
1. A student's leave letter:
"As I am suffering from my uncle's marriage I cannot
attend the class...."
2. A candidate's application:
This has reference to your advertisement callingfor a
'typist And an accountant - Male or Female'.... As I
am both for the past Several years and I can handle
both; I am applying for the post."
3. I.T.I., Bangalore: An employee applied for leave as
Since I have to go to my village to sell my land along
with my wife. Please sanction me one-week leave.
4. Another employee applied for half day leave as
"Since I've to go to the graveyard at 10
o-clocks and I may not return, please grant me half
day casual leave"
5. A leave letter to the headmaster:
"As I am studying in this school I am suffering from
headache. I request you to leave me today"
6. An incident of a leave letter from a student:
"I am suffering from fever, please declare one day
7. Another leave letter written to the headmaster:
As my headache is paining, please grant me leave for
8. A covering note:
"I am enclosed herewith..."
9. From H.A.L. Administration dept:
As my mother-in-law has expired and I am responsible
for it, Please grant me 10 days leave.
10. Actual letter written for application of leave:
"My wife is suffering from sickness and as I am her
only husband At home I may be granted leave".
11. Letter writing:
"I am in well here and hope you are also in the same
12. Another gem from I.T.I. Leave-letter from an
employee who was Performing his daughter's wedding:
"As I am marrying my daughter, please grant a week's
Contributed by ElBe