A Thought Singju
- Propounding a Shrewd Credo for Digital waathi-jugais -
By Sanatombi Angomcha *
Internet has incredibly affected our lives.
Especially for a major portion of the working professionals, internet is a fantabulous means to unwind away a perfect leisure time. Some people prefer social networking and some people are die-hard fans of online chatting. I am directing this content to the latter section.
And the chat site is none other than our favourite e-pao. E-pao chatroom, (scratching my head) is for sure one of the most wanted chat rooms in our Manipuri community.
Every exported Manipuri---- Hongba, Chaoba, Tomba, Landhoni, Maloti, Binasakhi etc visits here either from office or home as per their time adjustment. After all who does not love waaathi-jugai?
Verifying reasons for indulging in chat-room
- 25% of the chatters come in chat room sans any personal motive or intention just to unwind few hours or minutes with fellow Manipuris after a hectic day (this one is a genuine reason and understandable one).
- 25% people come to chat room to find amiable friends because of an inactive social life they lead (scratches my head again)--- (this reason is also not that bad)
- 25% of chatters rely upon e-pao chat room to survive an emotional hangover. (eyes rolled in bewilderment and no comments for this one ughh)
- Last but not the least, as dangerous as the numerical- 4, the fourth reason why some people come to e-pao chat room is just because they have nothing to do besides chatting. This is precisely true and has been surveyed upon. This group of chatters are prone to cyber scandals or crimes and they are even parental of various cyber-scandals ( a disgusting look)
To be continued....
* Sanatombi Angomcha contributes to e-pao.net regularly. The writer can be contacted at eben(dot)poktales(at)gmail(dot)com
This article was webcasted on February 05th 2010.
* Comments posted by users in this discussion thread and other parts of this site are opinions of the individuals posting them (whose user ID is displayed alongside) and not the views of e-pao.net. We strongly recommend that users exercise responsibility, sensitivity and caution over language while writing your opinions which will be seen and read by other users. Please read a complete Guideline on using comments on this website.