Dr. Ng Shantikumar 2nd at Asian BodyBuilding Championship 2008
By e-pao.net *
Dr. Ngangbam Shantikumar participated in the 42nd Men's Senior Asian Body Building Championship which was held in Hong Kong
from 16th to 21st July this month.
He competed in 60 kg. category and got 2nd position. He just missed gold to Indonesian competitor.
Third prize went to South Korea, 4th to Vietnam, 5th to Hong Kong, and 6th to Taiwan.
Last year too, in Shanghai Dr. Shantikumar got 2nd in the same category. The gold went to Singapore.
Dr. Ngangbam Shantikumar has competed Senior Mr. Asia four times:
- 1st position, 1999;
- 4th, 2003;
- 2nd, 2007, and
- 2nd 2008.
He competed Mr. Universe five times :
- 3 time 10th positions,
- one time 14th;
- and one time 9th.
Beside these Dr. Ngangbam Shantikumar also holds All Manipur State Level Body Building Contest (cash prize) every to years.
The Third Dr. Ngangbam Shantikumar State Level Body Building Contest will be held this year, sometime in September or October. The contest is hold just to contribute a little help or motivation to the young Manipuri sportsmen & sportswomen, especially young body builders by having close personal relationship and sharing his experiences. He sponsors the contest totally from his own hardwork earning.
Dr. Shantikumar is now qualified to represent Taiwan in the upcoming World games 2009, Kaoshiung, Taiwan. Only one or two body builders can represent Taiwan in the said Games.
Dr. Shantikumar is the only one who is qualified so far. Even though he is a migrant from Manipur, he will represent the whole population of bodybuilders in Taiwan.
Not an easy mission. Dr. Shantikumar has a dream, a dream to be world no.1, one day, soon.
See Gallery Pictures
- Dr. Ngangbam Shantikumar - Part 1
- Dr. Ngangbam Shantikumar - Part 2
- Dr. Ngangbam Shantikumar - Part 3
* Dr. Ngangbam Shantikumar is a resident of Taiwan and is World Class Body Builder. He can be contacted at ngangbia(at)yahoo(dot)com This article was webcasted on July 23, 2008.
* Comments posted by users in this discussion thread and other parts of this site are opinions of the individuals posting them (whose user ID is displayed alongside) and not the views of e-pao.net. We strongly recommend that users exercise responsibility, sensitivity and caution over language while writing your opinions which will be seen and read by other users. Please read a complete Guideline on using comments on this website.