Laisram Monica Devi - Stabbed from Behind
By Dr. Ngangbam Shantikumar Meetei *
The case of Laisram Monica Devi's withdrawal from the Indian Olympic squad is simply a case of conspiracy, set up, framing, denial
the right to participate, a case of murder - murder of a very bright spotrswoman, and an insult to all the people of Manipur
(rather to all the people of North East).
According to the President Harbhajan Singh of Weightifting Federation of India Monica had been tested about/almost 30 times in the last 18 months and never tested positive.
In the last two months the state-run Sports Authority of India had collected four times Monica's urine samples. It means in average almost two times testing in a month.
No chance at all for Monica to use any performance enhancing substance. If she happened to use any banned substance in that short period of time with so frequent testing it would be impossible to wash the substance from her blood or urine.
No international athlete would be that stupid to use any banned stuff/s when he/she knows that he/she is going to compete in the most glorious sports event. No one likes to jeopardise their career this way.
If the report is genuine why they can not show the report to Monica.
The reason is there might be no report at all. Even they have the report will be a false/fake report. The only reliable report should be from WADA( World Anti Doping Agent).
So, now the question is not about whether Monica is positive or negative but how to disqualify Monica and replace her by Shailaja, another woman lifter from Andhra Pradesh. The only way to do that is through the false doping report.
If we do a little research about these two Lifters we can easily find out why the other side likes to send Shailaja instead of Monica.
In the recent pre-qualifing selection in July 2008, Shailaja did better than Monica. According to this performance, Shailaja is the right candidate to represent India.
Then why Monica? The answer is - Shailaja has bad doping positive record in the past.
On the other hand Monica did better than Shailaja in the Asian Championship in Japan (April 2008) and never had any positive doping test in her sports career. Every Association would like to send the clean and good athlets and Monica is.
As she mentioned in her statement she was selected because of her clean record .
This is kind of revenge from Shailaja's side. It's like if I don't go, you don't go either. But the way the other side handled it is too stupid and too bad. It is just like killing someone by stabbing from behind.
It is not only hurting Monica but insulting the whole people of Manipur. It is too much and too obvious. They will be caught in red handed (if properly and seriously investigated).
It is not too late to fight back to prove Monica is innocent and the doping report is fake/false and she is the right person to compete in the Olympic Games in Beijing.
All the people of Manipur, especially the angam-athausing should give pressure to the concerned authority to do justice to save Monica and many sports persons in the future. This can happen to anybody, to anyone in the future, too.
read news about this "dope" Scandal:
- Monika Devi in doping net, out of Beijing team :: TSE News - Aug 06 2008
- Monika storms into SAI Hqs :: TSE News - Aug 06 2008
- L Monika case shocks State :: TSE News - Aug 06 2008
- CM, MP assure interventions :: TSE News - Aug 06 2008
* Dr. Ngangbam Shantikumar (a resident of Taiwan and a World Class Body Builder) contributes to e-pao.net regularly. He can be contacted at ngangbia(at)yahoo(dot)com This article was webcasted on August 07, 2008.
* Comments posted by users in this discussion thread and other parts of this site are opinions of the individuals posting them (whose user ID is displayed alongside) and not the views of e-pao.net. We strongly recommend that users exercise responsibility, sensitivity and caution over language while writing your opinions which will be seen and read by other users. Please read a complete Guideline on using comments on this website.