Birchandra Memorial Sporting Club (BMSC) of Taobungkhok : Profile
Jinendra Maibam *
Birchandra Memorial Sporting Club (BMSC) of Taobungkhok, established in the year 2007, is situated at Taobungkhok Makha Leikai, Imphal West District Manipur. BMSC has its own football academy - TBSFA - the only football academy in entire North East region.
BMSC has two play grounds; one for senior players and the other for different age group, along with accommodation facilities for player and officials.
The total area of the Club is 23 acres, this said land was donated by Thokchom Birachandra Singh's family in the name of Birachandra Memorial Sporting Club. Birachandra himself was a great footballer of Manipur in early 1950's, in which he played several tournaments at the National Level.
The Founder, Thokchom Birachandra, wanted to develop Manipur football as well as Indian football. We will never forget the words of BMSC's Founder (pabung) "Let's preserve the playground for the future generation, for the Land cannot be carried away with us when we die".
BMSC motto: "Football is a Precious Wealth of Sports".
The Club is situated at a distance of only 8 Kms from the heart of Imphal city and from the Imphal Airport to the Club is only 2 Kms. The Club is run by football lovers, former Indian football players and by family members of Th Birachandra Singh (founder of the club) .
Club Aims and Objectives :
1. For Development of Indian Football
2. Training from Grass-root to Final Phases as per All India Football Federation and All Manipur Football Association guidelines.
3. To Conduct residential and non-residential football training camp phase by phase.
4. Club will participate in all the age-group tournament orgd by All Manipur Football Association and All India Football Federation. BMSC's dream is to play the biggest league in India in senior division (I-league).
5. BMSC final youth phase team will play in the different tournament orgd by AMFA & AIFF in junior and senior division too.
6. To give special training by Foreign Coach and Trainer to different age group players of BMSC.
7. To produce more international footballers from our club.
PRO & Publicity secretary: Jinendra Maibam
Assistant secretary: N. Anand Singh
Organising Secretary: Th. Dilipkumar
Finance Secretary: A. Krishna
Assistant Finance Secretary: Ch Sanjoy Singh
PRO-Publicity Secy, BMSC-India team.
* Jinendra Maibam wrote this article for e-pao.net
The writer is PRO-Publicity Secy, BMSC-India team
This article was posted on May 20, 2013
* Comments posted by users in this discussion thread and other parts of this site are opinions of the individuals posting them (whose user ID is displayed alongside) and not the views of e-pao.net. We strongly recommend that users exercise responsibility, sensitivity and caution over language while writing your opinions which will be seen and read by other users. Please read a complete Guideline on using comments on this website.