Summer Storm, 2010 (Preview)
- "Lamb of God" is coming to Bangalore -
15th of May, 2010
Lukhendro Keisham *
The Lamb of God is coming to town and it seems like things have started to be in mayhem. Termed to be the most popular rock band of real time, these metal lords are the biggest ever band going to sat their flames on the Indian soil. The only international band ever visiting India before they gets old.
Unlike other big bands played in the country they are one which has a different taste and genre. The fans had never been as big as ever of heavy music as this time. Seems like things have already changed and is taking place in disguise. Said to be one of the most deadliest, the most brutal and the most heaviest band in the world these Pure American Metal drillers is coming to play in India.
The Indian fans had never been so welcoming to get a drop of noise from their most desired metal icon on the planet. It will be a dream come true and a once in a lifetime chance to see such an active band so close to our eyes, live.
Both the organizers and the fans are in full action playing their parts. The social networks like Orkut and Facebook has been flooded with discussions and comment talking only about the band and nothing else. The fans in the Facebook community has well exceeded thousand fans and the early bird ticket sales has all been sold out within few days of its start.
It came as a surprise to the news that these Grammy nominees are coming to India. No one and hardly anyone had ever guessed or expected of such a big band coming to this country on their hay day. It was only after the official confirmation from the band that they are to land in India for the 15th of May, 2010 on their official pages.
Bangalore's Palace Ground will be the granted venue of the event which is considered to be the only soil to withstand such a big and heavy loads of the crowd and the necessary conveniences. The cops and the organizers really have to put an extra effort. The city's transport system (autos) will really be pleased with the extra late night earning from the breaking crowds after the concert. There use to be always a shortage of transport to the concert goers in this venue and so they have to walk a distance to get their moving seats. But thing will be different this time. The taste of mosh pit, music and head bangs you just had will accompany you the rest of the night.
The air around the city is mixed up with the heat of the summer and the force of the storm coming its way from Richmond, Virginia. An early bird tickets of 1,000 passes at Rs. 950* (sold out) is been put up by the Overture India. The first 1000 ticket buyers are automatically entered into a lottery, which could give them a chance to meet Lamb of God or win some official merchandise from the band. The Box Office ticket on the day of the show is priced at Rs. 1,300* (very limited). Some free merchandise winners have been announced by the Overture India on their official twitter updates.
It is also officially confirmed that the Lamb of God will be supported by four bands of the country: Bhoomi, Boomarang, Extinct Reflections and Scribe. A must watch among the many Indian bands. With fans going to be flooded from every part of the country and the neighbouring countries the concert is expected to be one of the biggest in the history of India.
To those who are attending the concert, make sure you be present in the venue as early as possible. To get the recent progress about the event follow them on "Twitter" and "Facebook" where they are most active. With this episode of Summer Storm, Bangalore will not only be the already metal capital of the country but also the most aggregated venue of big rock shows in the country.
Welcome friends and folks, this is all yours, safe and sound. Had there been heaven for hell then here it is Bangalore, the heaven for metal on rock.
Ten tips for those who are attending:
1. Reach the venue as early as possible for there will be a rush and you may even miss your chance to get inside though you have your passes.Reaching early will help you to get good parking space, long queues and other security procedures etc. if you don't want to miss the whole show.
2. Wear light cotton cloths,it will keep you cool and shocks the sweats among the crowds.With shoes which will be light and won't fell off. and hurt yourself stepping into glass pieces and spikes etc.Avoid high hills for the ladies.
3. Keep away from crowded areas and don't cause havoc inside the venue for it could cause stampedes,stumbling and other dangerous rushes.
4. Carry no cameras, lighter, cigarettes and any possession that you feel will be banned inside such venues. Don't forget to carry your daily or any medication which you rely on.
5. Always be aware of pitfalls of moshing, crowd surfing unless you are prepared and muscular enough.
6. Eat, drink and clean yourself before the concert because once the concert starts you will be among the tight crowded peoples and it would be difficult for you to get out to get some food or drinks and to get back to your favorite position.
7. Always keep close to your group,high chances to get lost.
8. Don't loose you pass till the end of the concert.Or may be till you reach home because it will save you from cops in the late night frisking on way back.
9. Don't rush to get out in the end.You will get your part to get going.
10. Last but not the least know the band well,their genre of music,songs,videos and lyrics where you can sing along with the band,live.If this band means a lot to you then save the ticket/pass for your memories.
The countdown had already began,the blades has been sharpen and the beast is ready for a ride.So get along,fasten your neck bolt,the symphony of hell is coming down to sing the hymns of their hell. Don't only learn to growl or get the lyrics right but to bang your head or else you will be left as an abandon child among the crowd. Keep your pain killer ready for the next morning for you may have a little side effect of neck pain and if worse a slight fever.
Lamb of God is:
Vocal: Randy Blythe,
Guitarists: Mark Morton & Willie Adler,
Bassist: John Campbell
Drummer: Chris Adler.
Event Name: "SUMMER STORM"
Date: 15th of May, 2010
Place: Palace Ground, Hebbal, Bangalore, IN
Print Partner: Rolling Stone(Magazine)
Print Partner: DNA Network(News Paper)
Ticketing Partner: Kyazoonga.com
Bhoomi (Bangalore,IN) www.myspace.com/bhoomi
Scribe (Mumbai,IN) www.myspace.com/scribecore
Extinct Reflection (Bangalore.IN) www.myspace.com/extinctreflections
Boomarang (Mizoram,IN) www.myspace.com/boomarangnet
Lamb Of God (Richmond,Virginia,USA) www.lamb-of-god.com ; www.myspace.com/lambofgod
For Ground Sales Please Visit:
Overture India: www.overtureindia.com
WARNING: Not for the faint heart. At your own risk.
* Lukhendro Keisham (a band member from Scribble Link Purgatory, based in Bangalore) contributes regularly to e-pao.net. The writer can be contacted at lukhendrokeisham(at)gmail(dot)com or at his blog here.
This article was webcasted on April 29th, 2010.
* Comments posted by users in this discussion thread and other parts of this site are opinions of the individuals posting them (whose user ID is displayed alongside) and not the views of e-pao.net. We strongly recommend that users exercise responsibility, sensitivity and caution over language while writing your opinions which will be seen and read by other users. Please read a complete Guideline on using comments on this website.