Follow The Code And Go To Vote
Lunminthang Haokip *
1. The stakes are high as five States go to poll;
It rakes up sighs as the staves tow and roll.
The new norms for all stake-holders are set;
Hues of forms are checked to right voter get.
Staff are trained to be just and crush lapses;
Chaff are fanned out to gain trust of masses.
We duck 'odds' and play fouls electoral;
The Conduct Code prods us to be neutral.
The hater's remark will secure a dent;
The voter must be lured by pure intent.
Ill-deals to misuse power is bad manner;
Abuse of the media will invite scanner.
2. High-tech is poised to prop voting system;
Wired tech will voice sobs in polling mayhem.
If any fear deserves timely mention,
All have micro-observers' attention.
Teams on duty will see polls are stable;
Deemed able to vote will be the Disable.
3. To lure votes on lines caste and creed is foul;
The cure lies in campaign chaste to greed maul.
Desire that'll yield is to lift up each one;
Level playing field is laid for every one.
Men who follow process will in joy nod
When we follow the Code and go to vote.
* Poem written by Lunminthang Haokip for e-pao.net
The writer is DC/DEO, CCPur and can be contacted at ltphai1972(AT)gmail(DOT)com
This poem was webcasted on January 09 2017.
* Comments posted by users in this discussion thread and other parts of this site are opinions of the individuals posting them (whose user ID is displayed alongside) and not the views of e-pao.net. We strongly recommend that users exercise responsibility, sensitivity and caution over language while writing your opinions which will be seen and read by other users. Please read a complete Guideline on using comments on this website.