Clean Rolls For Fair Poll
Lunminthang Haokip *
1. Time has come to gear up for next-term polls;
Prime to welcome is drive to clean up Rolls.
Swift's ECI's move to better the Scrolls;
SVEEP eyes to prove that saner ways get sold.
NERP gives the verve to team up for the call;
Harp on the 'verbs' we must and the steam hold.
Highly poll-bound is our State Manipur;
Hazy's the whole scene around CCPur.
Let's rid our spots and for truth be a sport;
Let's bid for the plot to good fruit report.
To cast pure votes, let us pull in the crowd;
That in being free and fair, Nation be proud.
2. At this stage of Summary Revision;
Let's keep pace with a heavenly vision.
Eighteen and above youth must get enrolled;
Keen one should be to press the button called.
'Shifted' should get deleted from old place;
'Human-beens' must in new roll have no space.
3. Election through the ballot is a gift;
Deviation from it creates odds we can't lift.
As people secured by the Word of God,
Why are we so insecure in poll-slot?
To see our moors and shire in fast growth roll,
We need to glean a clean Roll for fair Poll.
* Poem written by Lunminthang Haokip for e-pao.net
The writer is DC/DEO, CCPur and can be contacted at ltphai1972(AT)gmail(DOT)com
This poem was webcasted on January 07 2017.
* Comments posted by users in this discussion thread and other parts of this site are opinions of the individuals posting them (whose user ID is displayed alongside) and not the views of e-pao.net. We strongly recommend that users exercise responsibility, sensitivity and caution over language while writing your opinions which will be seen and read by other users. Please read a complete Guideline on using comments on this website.