Blessings Of The Countryside
Lunminthang Haokip *
1. Land is the free gift of God the Creator;
Bland we see it without lift from the Author.
But if re-touched, the Maker makes in shine;
The eye can vouch that saner's country-shire.
Where the greens preen, sweeter's air to inhale;
Fair's the scene where lesser fill hills and dale.
Stains that wane cities aren't seen in village;
Banes like slim lanes save all from motor maze.
Hardship makes men sweat out to breathe easy;
Kinship wakes women to wreathe bonds dearly.
Life's fettle is simple but hassles are fewer;
Struggle to tackle tussles makes one tougher.
2. Tools that shut urges may cut 'earning in haste;'
In schools and churches, learning must take place.
It's higher knowledge that gives the advantage;
At vantage point is God's nudge that has an edge.
Where folks trod with no much frills to avail,
The Lord's will has better chance to prevail.
3. It pays to bid random for the will of Jesus
'In whom is hid all wisdom and what is just.'
Who He called had to never look back again;
He who got sold on Him had to ever gain;
Having foothold on His fold is a privilege;
It is a blessing to be born poor in a village.
* Poem written by Lunminthang Haokip for e-pao.net
The writer is DC/DEO, CCPur and can be contacted at ltphai1972(AT)gmail(DOT)com
This poem was webcasted on March 08 2017.
* Comments posted by users in this discussion thread and other parts of this site are opinions of the individuals posting them (whose user ID is displayed alongside) and not the views of e-pao.net. We strongly recommend that users exercise responsibility, sensitivity and caution over language while writing your opinions which will be seen and read by other users. Please read a complete Guideline on using comments on this website.