Judgement regarding MCSCCE - 2016
Mohd Amir *
some of the allegations raised by petitioners against MPSC are:
1. Extra answer sheets were issued in violation of instructions which was clearly printed on it.
2. some questions were out of syllabus. Some questions were printed wrongly on the question papers. MPSC is silent on it.
3. No rule was framed for evaluation of answer sheets. Why answer sheets were evaluated in absence of its rules and regulations ?
4. No moderation /scaling of marks was done amongst various optional subjects, which was very much required in such competitive examinations.
5.There was no categorisation of marks for General English. 40% passing marks was fixed for all categories which wasnt done in earlier exams.
6. Large number of answer sheets on a single day. Around 80 answer sheets were evaluated on a single day by a single examiner which is impossible. it seems that evaluation was done only for nameshake and bribery and nepotism has crept into the MCSCCE-2016.
7. Result of MCSCCE-2016 was declared in haste. In only 10 days of the completion of mains examination, result was declared which point towards inefficient functioning of MPSC.
8. Rules of the examination was modified at a later stage after commencement of examination process which is illegal.
9. In 2016, there was only one Chairman. No Member was appointed. At present, there is no Chairman, no Member. How can we say that MPSC is the most efficient. In absence of Chairman/Members, MPSC is run by its political masters.
|Sl No.||Allegations against MCSCCE-2016 by Petitioners||Judgement||Remarks|
|01||Result declared in haste||No rule framed by MPSC to declared within definite time period. So no violation of rule||-|
|02.||Extra Answer Sheets were provided despite clear instructions on the Answer booklet which states “under no cirucumstances extra sheets will be provided”||No candidates had suffered serious and grave prejudice.||Why instructions on Answer booklet was violated by MPSC ? Violation of instructions is a ground for cancellation of MCSCCE-2016.|
|03.||Rules state that there shall be simultaneous evaluation of Papers. But papers were started evaluation before the completion of examination process. People scoring high marks in one subject may be given poor marks in other subjects.||Papers weren’t evaluated at the same time but during the same time period. So no clear violation of rules.||Mains examination was held from 04 -23 August 2016. Evaluation of papers started from 09 Aug. There is high chance of corruption,nepotism and bribery whilst allotting marks.|
|04.||Rule states that Moderation and Scaling may be carried out. But no moderation/scaling was carried out amongst different optional subjects.||There is no compulsion on MPSC to carry out Moderation/Scaling. However moderation/scaling should be carried in competitive exams which involve large number of subjects||90% of selected candidates of MCSCCE 2010,2013,2014 exams took Education, History, Public Administration, Manipuri as optional. Justice has not been done to other subjects. So Moderation/Scaling is very much required.|
|05.||Questions were asked out of syllabus and some questions were printed wrong.||It requires expert opinion. Petitioner may go for Judicial review.||MPSC is silent on this issue.Some Questions of General Studies were out of syllabus. Also, MPSC is silent on an arithmetic question of General Studies paper which was printed wrong. How MPSC evaluated such questions ?|
|06.||Pass percentage of General English was fixed at 40% for all. There was no categorisation of marks for SC,ST,OBCs. And this amended rule was notified on 04 Sep 2016 , i.e. on the start of Mains examination.||No rule was framed for categorisation of General English marks. So no violation of rules.||Categorisation of English marks was done in earlier MCSCC Examinations. Why it wasn’t done in MCSCCE-2016 ?|
|07.||Amended rules regarding 40% marks and Simultaneous evaluation was uploaded on the commission website on 04 Sep 16. i.e. on the first day of examination.||Amended rules was uploaded on MPSC website on 04-09-16. However, it was published on Official Gazette on 04-03-16. So, allegation is quashed.||Notification of MCSCCE-2016 was made on 07-04-2016. If MPSC made the amendements in March, Why it was not included in the notification dated 07 April 2016 ? Scheme and Syllabus of MCSCCE-2016 was uploaded on MPSC website on 30-07-2016. Why the amended rule was not uploaded on 30-07-2016. It clearly indicates that MPSC amended the rules only after declaration of prelims result which is illegal.|
|08.||Evaluating 80 answer sheets per day by a single examiner from 08.30 am to 09.30 pm with lunch break of 01/01.30 hrs in between is nearly impossible and undesirable. It seems that evaluation was done only for nameshake.||There is no rule for evaluation. So no violation of rules.||No examiner can evaluate 80 answer sheets/day giving due attention to the answers written by candidates. Haphazard evaluation was done in the prestigious competitive exam of Manipur. Besides, Why rules for evaluation wasn’t framed by MPSC ? Why evaluation was done without any rule and regulation?|
* Mohd Amir wrote this article for e-pao.net
The writer can be contacted at anjamir2003(AT)gmail(DOT)com
This article was posted on March 10, 2017.
* Comments posted by users in this discussion thread and other parts of this site are opinions of the individuals posting them (whose user ID is displayed alongside) and not the views of e-pao.net. We strongly recommend that users exercise responsibility, sensitivity and caution over language while writing your opinions which will be seen and read by other users. Please read a complete Guideline on using comments on this website.