Demand urgent appointment of Director of IGNTU-RCM
Date - 13th January 2017
While it is indeed an honour and good fortune to have a Central University Campus in the state of Manipur for the educational upliftment of the tribals, it is depressing and heart rending to witness the narrow populists and lackadaisical attitude of the University authorities in Amarkantak.
While, it is the duty of the Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor to regularly visit and monitor in-situ its one and only Campus, we are appalled at his callous indifference to the pitiful state of the Campus. His failure to visit the Campus even once in 2016 is a case in point. How can a Campus, that too the only Campus of the Indira Gandhi National Tribal University and established by an Act of Parliament be treated this shabbily? The only logical explanation to such apathetic attitude is that the University at Amarkantak is scornful and acutely discriminatory to its Campus, staffs and students.
Given the above, we:
1. Strongly reiterate the urgent appointment of Director of IGNTU-RCM from the tribal community with any further excuses or delays. We have had enough of such.
2. Strongly demand that the Regional Campus be upgraded to a full-fledged Autonomous Tribal University.
3. Strongly reiterate the urgent regularization of the current Guest Faculties of the Department of Sociology & Social Anthropology and Department of Tribal Studies. For some vague reasons, these two departments have been functioning without any permanent staffs for more than 3 years now. It is only due to the grim determination and dedication of the current Guest Faculties that the two departments continue to function.
4. Reassert the urgent demand for:
a. Engagement of adequate teaching and non-teaching staffs as per UGC norms for all existing departments and regularization of all Contractual non-teaching staffs of the Campus.
c. Introduction of departments such as History, Arts, Commerce, Economic, Geography, Education and other cognate disciplines by the next Academic session.
d. Phase-II construction works concerning construction of crucial infrastructures such as hostels and staff quarters should be expedited post-haste and without further delays.
We request the Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor to start delivering and not just lip-service. Failure to address the above issue with immediate effect will lead to serious consequences and for which the blame will be solely upon the University authorities.
* This information is sent by IGNTUSU-RCM, Imphal, Manipur who can be contacted at igntusu(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
This Post is webcasted on January 14 2017
* Comments posted by users in this discussion thread and other parts of this site are opinions of the individuals posting them (whose user ID is displayed alongside) and not the views of e-pao.net. We strongly recommend that users exercise responsibility, sensitivity and caution over language while writing your opinions which will be seen and read by other users. Please read a complete Guideline on using comments on this website.