Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Examination Notice 2013
- Last Date for application : 4th April, 2013 till 11.59 pm -
Union Public Service Commission
EXAMINATION NOTICE NO. 04/2013-CSP DATED 5.03.2013
(LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: 4/04/2013)
CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATION, 2013
(Commission's website - http://www.upsc.gov.in)
CANDIDATES SHOULD NOTE THAT THERE ARE CERTAIN CHANGES IN THE SCHEME OF CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAMINATION, WHICH HAVE BEEN ELUCIDATED IN THE SCHEME OF EXAMINATION. THERE ARE SOME OTHER CHANGES ALSO IN REGARD TO THE CHOICE OF LANGUAGE MEDIUM IN THE CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAMINATION. THESE MAY ALSO BE NOTED.
1. CANDIDATES TO ENSURE THEIR ELIGIBILITY FOR THE EXAMINATION:
The Candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to examination. Their admission to all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
Mere issue of admission certificate to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission.
Commission takes up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidate has qualified for Interview/Personality Test.
2. HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates are required to apply Online by using the website http:// www.upsconline.nic.in Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above- mentioned website. Brief Instructions for filling up the "Online Application Form" given in Appendix-II.
3. LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS:
The online Applications can be filled up to 4th of April, 2013 till 11.59 PM after which the link will be disabled.
4. The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e- Admission Certificate will be made available in the UPSC website [www.upsc.gov.in] for downloading by candidates. No Admission Certificate will be sent by post.
5. PENALTY FOR WRONG ANSWERS:
Candidates should note that there will be penalty (negative marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
6. For both writing and marking answers in the OMR sheet [Answer Sheet], candidates must use black ball pen only. Pens with any other colours are prohibited. Do not use Pencil or Ink pen. Candidates are further advised to read carefully the "Special Instructions" contained in Appendix-III of the Notice.
6. FACILITATION COUNTER FOR GUIDANCE OF CANDIDATES:
In case of any guidance/information/clarification regarding their applications, candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSCís Facilitation Counter near gate ĎCí of its campus in person or over Telephone No. 011-23385271/011- 23381125/011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs.
7. MOBILE PHONES BANNED:
(a) Mobile phones, pagers or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the examination is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examinations.
(b) Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including mobile phones/ pagers to the venue of the examination, as arrangement for safe-keeping cannot be assured.
Download the entire Notification here (PDF - 1.2 MB)
* This info was sent by Khwairakpam Rakesh (PhD Scholar School of Social sciences, Tata Institute of Social Sciences.) who can be contacted at khulakpakh(at)gmail(dot)com
This Post is webcasted on March 05 2013.
* Comments posted by users in this discussion thread and other parts of this site are opinions of the individuals posting them (whose user ID is displayed alongside) and not the views of e-pao.net. We strongly recommend that users exercise responsibility, sensitivity and caution over language while writing your opinions which will be seen and read by other users. Please read a complete Guideline on using comments on this website.