National Seminar on "Engendering Development - Issues and Challenges before India"
- Last Date : 3rd of March, 2013 -
R. R. LALAN COLLEGE
ARTS AND SCIENCE
National Conference on
"Engendering Development - Issues and Challenges before India"
Date : 21-22, March 2013
:: Venue ::
R. R. Lalan College
Bhuj - 37 00 01
Ph: 02832- 250117
:: Registration fees ::
For Academicians: Rs. 400/-
(Four Hundred only)
For UG/PG Students: Rs. 200/-
(Two Hundred only)
For the first time the college is planning to organize a two day National Seminar on 22-23/03/2013 on "Engendering Development". This is an attempt to have thematic loud discussion on current national scenario in respect of the prevailing status of women in diversified sectors along with the issues related to women development.
World Development Report, 2012, World Development Publication entitled "Social Exclusion in India", India Human Development Report published as "Marching Towards Social Inclusion" have vividly examined and analysed the gender aspect in development with substantial data related to the theme Government as part of planning exercise towards "Inclusive Growth". These reports have emphasized on enhancing capability of women equal to men in all respects.
In light of this background the subthemes for the conference are selected as under:
(1) Budgets through Gender Lens
(2) Gender in Work Participation -Employment
(3) Gender in Education
(4) Gender in Literature
(5) Gender in Social Sector
(6) Gender in Household Decision
(7) Gender in Political Participation
Papers around broad subtheme or related to these are invited from academicians, Government Official, NGO practioners and activists. Papers in form of case studies are also welcome. Papers may be sent in English, Gujarati or Hindi. Papers must not exceed the limit of 3500 words. This includes tables, charts, bibliography etc. Papers in English necessarily be typed in Times New Roman, 12 Size with 1.5 line spacing. Papers typed in Gujarati must be TERAFONT-VARUN only, 14 Font Size. Writers sending the papers in Hindi must send their fonts. All Paper should be in A4 size Paper.
Participants are requested to provide their full details including contact no. and email on the first page of their papers. Date of Sending Papers with Abstract in 300 words: 3rd of March, 2013
Papers selected for presentation shall be intimated latest by 10th March, 2013.
All papers be sent in soft copy at
* This info was sent by Khwairakpam Rakesh (PhD Scholar School of Social sciences, Tata Institute of Social Sciences.) who can be contacted at khulakpakh(at)gmail(dot)com
This Post is webcasted on March 01 2013.
* Comments posted by users in this discussion thread and other parts of this site are opinions of the individuals posting them (whose user ID is displayed alongside) and not the views of e-pao.net. We strongly recommend that users exercise responsibility, sensitivity and caution over language while writing your opinions which will be seen and read by other users. Please read a complete Guideline on using comments on this website.