IISER-K Summer Student Research Programme 2012
Last Date : 15 March 2012
There is an opportunity for B.Sc., M.Sc., B.S., M.S., B.Tech., and B.E. students of exposure to a research environment by associating them with one of the research groups of IISER during the summer vacation.
For details see the website
Dr Shanta Laishram
Indian Statistical Institute(ISI),
New Delhi, India
To provide B.Sc., M.Sc., B.S., M.S., B.Tech., and B.E. students of other institutions or universities an opportunity of exposure to a research environment by associating them with one of the research groups of IISER during the summer vacation.
The programme will be operative during the summer vacation of the IISER-K from 14th May to 14th July, 2012.
Each summer student will be formally associated with a faculty member of the Institute for a duration of 6 – 8 weeks within the above mentioned dates.
Accommodation may be provided subject to availability.
Access to computational and library facilities will be permitted. However, any misuse of the facilities will result in summary termination of the student from the programme.
A certificate will be given at the end of the programme.
Students having KVPY/INSPIRE fellowship, and those selected under the Indian Academy of Sciences summer fellowship programme will receive financial support from the respective sponsoring organization. Students selected for the IISER-K summer fellowship programme without such financial support will be given a stipend of Rs. 3000/- per month.
The summer students will have to be on campus throughout the period of visit, will have to abide by the rules and regulations applicable to the regular students of IISER-K, and will have to submit a report on the work done during the period of visit.
Applications should include
1) A covering letter specifying the name of the faculty member the applicant wants to be associated with, and the proposed period of visit. The proposed period of visit should lie between 14th May and 14th July, 2012.
2) a biodata,
3) the academic transcript showing the marks/grades obtained in all the subjects in all the semesters
4) a one-paragraph description of the area of interest
The last date for receiving all applications is 15 March 2012. The application may be sent by e-mail to:
or by post to
Coordinators, IISER Kolkata Summer Student Research Programme 2012,
IISER-K Mohanpur Campus
The coordinators of the Summer Fellowship Programme of the IISER-K will consider the applications and will select the candidates to be accepted in the Programme in consultation with the faculty members of IISER-K and in view of the facilities available. Applicants will be notified about their selection by 30th of March, 2012.
* This information was sent by Dr Shanta Laishram
The sender may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
This Post is webcasted on March 05, 2012.
* Comments posted by users in this discussion thread and other parts of this site are opinions of the individuals posting them (whose user ID is displayed alongside) and not the views of e-pao.net. We strongly recommend that users exercise responsibility, sensitivity and caution over language while writing your opinions which will be seen and read by other users. Please read a complete Guideline on using comments on this website.