Voter Awareness Activities : 11th Manipur Legislative Assembly Election
Date (from) : 14th January 2017
No.4/56/ELEC/PR/S AE-2017: Ofice of the Chief Electoral Officer, Manipur has lined up intensive voter awareness activities in following way :
1. Drivers' Day (14th Jan,2017): lt is important to reach out to all sections of society as every vote counts. In view of this, Systematic Voter Awareness and Electoral Participation (SVEEP) activities shall be carried out in two venues of the observation of drivers day at ISBT Complex, Khuman Lampak, and Rail-Fed Oil Depot, Malom. This will consist of :
a. Distribution of leaflets regarding Electoral process.
b. Putting up of banners and hoardings in the venues to educate the drivers on poll process.
c. Distribution of Stickers with SVEEP messages and pasting the Stickers on the vehicles.
d. Announcing SVEEP mdssages at the function.
2. Army Day (15th January,2017): As a part of the celebration of Army Day all the DEOs have been advised to take up the following activities in respect of the Army Camps located in their rescpective administrative jurisdictions:
a. Distribution of leaflets regarding Electoral process.
b. Distribution of booklets relating to service voters (available in the ECI website)
c. Putting up of banners and hoardings in the camps to educate the army voters on poll process.
d. Demonstration of EVM.
e. Distribution of voter guide (soft copy already submitted).
f. Any other suitable function in consultation with camp authorities.
3. Drawing competition of school students: As a run up to the National Voters Day celebration, drawing competition of the school students has been organised at the district level on the theme "Every Vote Counts". Students from all districts have enthusiastically participated in this competetion.
The State level final competetion from the district level nominees will be held on 21't January,2017 at lmphal. Winners will be falicitated on National Voters Day on 251112017.
4. Interactive School Engagement: All the DEOs shall be organising interaction programmes with the prospective young voters to educate them on the lndian electoral process as a part of the interactive school engagernent programme initiated by the Election Commission of India recently.
5. Mega Painting Competetion- Chief Electoral Officer has planned a mega painting competetion on 221112017 in association with Editors Guild Manipur and NEO Gene- Contemprary artists of Manipur on the theme "Free, Fair & Peaceful Election & Ethical Voting. Attractive cash prizes worth Rs.1,00,000/- in total will be awarded. Free t- shirt will be given to all participants.
The venue of the competetion will be Outside the Kangla Park from Classic Hotel to Nupilal Complex. School, Collage Students, and general public are invited to participate in this largest drawing/ painting copmpetition. Forms are available at the offices of major newspapers in Manipur as well as on Facebook page of Editors guild. Last date of forms submission is 19th January 2017 .
6. State Level Essay competition: Chief Electoral Officers in association with All Manipur Working Journalist Union has planned a district level essay competetion on the theme of lmportance of ethical & lnformed voting in free and fair elections.
The preliminary round of the competetion will be held in district level. The selected candidates will be eligible to participate in the state level competetion. Attractive cash prizes shall be given to the district as well as state level winners. In addition the selected essays will be published in district and state level major newspapers.
7. Electronic Voting Machine(EvM) demonstration camps: In cooperation with the school and higher edfucation department, EVM demonstration camps are being organised in 80 collages, 40 Higher Secondary schools and 60 Voter Facilitation Centres across the state. In these camps general public will be able to witness functioning of EVM, try using EVM and satisfy their queries related to EVMs.
8. Voter Awareness through social & Electronic media : A dedicated voter wareness portal ( SVEEP portal ) has been launched by Chief Electoral Officer to put up voter awareness related messages, photos & Videos. The portal can be acccesed from CEO website www.ceomanipur.nic.in.
A facebook page named CEO Manipur is also actively used to reach out to thousands of young voters. All the election related realtime information can be obtained from official Facebook page and Twitter account of CEO, Manipur. Queries and complaints made on Facebook and Twitter are being addreessed immeditly through social media.
9. Registration of mobile numbers: Now voters can get election related updates on their mobile numbers through SMS service. CEO, manipur has launched mobile number registration campeign. Voters can register their mobile numbers by using the mobile number registration facility provided on CEO website www.ceomanipur.nic.in. The number can also be registered by sending a private message either on Facebook page of CEO or on Twitter account of CEO, Manipur. Voters can also register their mobile numbers at EVM demonstration camp or at office of Electoral Registrtion Officer
10. Gelebration of National Voters Day: National Voter day will be celebrated in befitting manner on 25th January 2017 at City Convention Centre on the theme of ' Empowering young and Future Voters' Governor of Manipur and Chief Secretary , Manipur will grace the function as Chief Guest and President respectively. Election Photo ldentity Cards ( EPIC) will be distributed to newly enrolled voters.
A multy colour booklet on voter awareness activities in Manipur will be released during the function.District wise photo & Video exhibition along with EVM and WPAT ( Voter verifiable Paper Audit Trail) demonstration will also be organised at the venue of National Voters Day. Students, Voters and citizens from all sections of society are invited to participate in the NationalVoter Day function at City Convention Centre.
11. The contact personnel for SVEEP activities are
Shri. Hrisheekesh Modak, Joint CEO, Manipur ( Emailemail@example.com) &
Shri. W. Chandra Kumar Singh, State Nodal Officer (SVEEP) ( Emailfirstname.lastname@example.org)
12. As final Electoral Rolls are going to be published on 12.1.2017, a meeting with all political parties has been organised at 10.30 AM on 1212017 at Old Secretariat Conference Hall. This shall be followed by press conference at the same venue at 11.30 AM on 12.1.2017.
Joint Chief Electoral Officer, Manipur
* This Press Release was sent to e-pao.net by DIPR , Manipur who can be contacted at diprmanipur(AT)gmail(DOT)com
This Post is webcasted on January 12 2017
* Comments posted by users in this discussion thread and other parts of this site are opinions of the individuals posting them (whose user ID is displayed alongside) and not the views of e-pao.net. We strongly recommend that users exercise responsibility, sensitivity and caution over language while writing your opinions which will be seen and read by other users. Please read a complete Guideline on using comments on this website.