FPublic blockade in Kuki-inhabited areas from 14th December, 2012
- Date : 14th December, 2012 -
Kuki State Demand Committee
Head Office: Sielmat, Churachandpur
With the objective to highlight the arrogance and unjust disposition of the government of India and the government of Manipur to address the rightful and just political aspiration of the Kuki people to govern our own affairs within our territory within the constitution of India, and in order to draw international consciousness to the reluctance of the government of India to respond to our call to resolve the continued denial of recognition to our rights, we are compelled to inform that;
1. We shall not allow the ASEAN Car Rally to pass through Kuki territory from point Moreh. We are aware that this rally was proposed by the Indian Prime Minister to strengthen India's economic ties with ASEAN. However, we feel such ties are hollow and at best exploitative if our rights on our territories and our rights to develop as a people are denied proper recognition. Not a single vehicle participating in the ASEAN Car Rally shall pass beyond Moreh into Kuki territory within India until concrete steps are taken by the government of India towards according due constitutional recognition to our rights over our land and to govern our own affairs. We shall have no obligation to uphold India's commitments and honor unless the issues of our land and rights are settled to our satisfaction.
2. We shall not consider anything less than a statement by the Government in Parliament during the ongoing session of Parliament, a statement to the effect that the government shall initiate political dialogue with the Kuki State Demand Committee and Kuki insurgents within a premeditated date soon after the ongoing Parliament session as earlier communicated by the Home Minister through the Deputy Chief Minister of Manipur, to change our stance.
3. We stand firm on our resolve to launch "Quit Kuki Land" against the Indian Government if our politically humbling appeal to have our rights recognized in the constitution of India is treated with disdain.
Reiterating its demand for a separate Kuki State to be carved out of Kuki Traditional lands incorporated within present day Manipur, shall launch a mass movement beginning at 5:00 PM the 14th December, 2012 to press for its demand.
The civil mass protest, it has been resolved, shall be carried out by way of public blockade of all National and State Highways passing through Kuki-inhabited areas.
The blockade will, therefore, be in effect on;
1. Imphal to Ukhrul Road
2. Imphal to Tamenglong Road
3. Imphal to Moreh Road
4. Imphal to Chandel Road
5. Imphal to Senapati Road
6. Imphal to Churachandpur Road
7. Imphal to Jiribam Road
* This info was sent by Denial Chabungbam
This Post is uploaded on December 11, 2012
* Comments posted by users in this discussion thread and other parts of this site are opinions of the individuals posting them (whose user ID is displayed alongside) and not the views of e-pao.net. We strongly recommend that users exercise responsibility, sensitivity and caution over language while writing your opinions which will be seen and read by other users. Please read a complete Guideline on using comments on this website.