UNC gives nod to Feb 3 tripartite talk
Source: The Sangai Express
Imphal, January 30 2017:
Giving the green signal for the scheduled tripartite talk between the State Government, UNC and the Central Government at New Delhi on February 3, the UNC has decided that its president Gaidon Kamei and general secretary S Milan, three former presidents of the UNC, president of ANSAM, president and general secretary of Naga Women Union will take part in the proposed talk.
Talking to The Sangai Express a well placed source said that the UNC is hopeful of the Court granting permission to Gaidon Kamei to proceed to New Delhi for the scheduled talk.
The UNC team is expected to leave for Delhi on February 1 .
On the other hand a high level meeting with Chief Minister O Ibobi in the chair was held today to discuss the scheduled dialogue.
Deputy Chief Minister Gaikhangam, Cabinet Ministers, Chief Secretary O Nabakishore, Additional Chief Secretary who is also in charge of Home, Dr Suresh Babu and the State DGP took part in the meeting, said a source.
The meeting also decided that Suresh Babu and Works Commissioner K Radha-kumar will lead the State representatives at the talk.
Other than the prevailing law and order situation, the meeting also discussed the coming Assembly election as well as the Government office picketing stir launched by the UNC in the hill districts.
It was also decided to initiate strict action against Government employees who fail to turn up for the training session held ahead of the Assembly election, under the pretext of the UNC stir.
Satyendra Garg who is the North East in charge in the Ministry of Home Affairs will represent the Centre during the talk.
The indefinite economic blockade came into force from midnight of October 31 last year.