State observes Digi-Dhan Mela ; No more economic blockade in State : CM Biren
Source: The Sangai Express
Imphal, April 02 2017:
Observing that the economic blockades imposed in the State earlier were due to communication gap and misunderstanding amongst each other, Chief Minister N Biren assured that there will be no more economic blockade in the State.
He was addressing the inaugural function of Digi-Dhan Mela organised by Department of Information and Technology at City Convention Centre here today.
Speaking as chief guest, CM Biren said that he is looking forward to a joint meeting of all the Chief Ministers of North East region to assist each other in ensuring that the region is free from bandh and blockade.
He maintained that the country is transforming and changing fast towards a developed country under the dynamic leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Being a part of the country, Manipur cannot be left behind in the transformation, he said.
Emphasising on the importance of holding Digi-Dhan Mela, the CM said that it is very important for the State Government to reach out to the hill and rural areas and open banks in the areas for ensuring smooth money transaction.
He admitted that the main problem being faced by the Department of Information and Technology in setting up of banks in the areas is internet facility and power connectivity.
The Government is considering plans to provide internet facility in the areas in a short period of time, he said.
Biren requested the Nationalised banks operating in the State to open their bank branches in rural and hill areas as well in line with the PM's dream of "Digital India" .
Stating that the Central Government is keen to do anything for development of the State, he asserted that setting up of an anti-corruption cell in his office was done with the aim to make Manipur a corruption-free State.
He then informed that blacktopping of roads filled with pot holes has alraedy been started.
PM Modi had assured to establish a 100-bedded cancer unit at JNIMS Hospital, a 60-bedded mental hospital, provide helicopter ambulance service for interior parts of the State and to construct market sheds in the hill districts, he said.
He added that 75 percent of the amount for availing the ambulance service will be borne by the Central Government while the remaining 25 percent will be borne by the State Government.
The CM also informed that the State Government will establish charter flight service to connect with all the North East States.
Minister of State (Home Affairs) Kiren Rijiju who attended the occasion as guest of honour said that the Central Government has been coming up with various development programmes to transform the country as one of the developed countries of the 21st century.
He asserted that the country is proud to have a visionary leader like PM Narendra Modi who has a special love for the North East region.
He made an observation that the Central Government has to do a lot of things to materialise PM Modi's dream of "Digital India" in the region.
Today's function was also attended by Minister of State (Railways) Rajen Gohain, Union MoS for Home Kiren Rijiju, Deputy Chief Minister Y Joykumar, Parliamentary Secretary (Finance) Th Satyabarta, Parliamentary Secretary (IT) Sapam Ranjan, MP Rajya Sabha Mary Kom and Chief Secretary O Nabakishore.